Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Physical Channel not specified" at DAQmx Clear Task.vi

Hi

I am trying to measure AI14 with the attached GetVoltage.vi. 

I keep getting this error at "DAQmx clear task.vi" used in "GetVoltage.vi":

Error-200099 occured at DAQmx Create Channel(DO-Digital Output).vi:5

Possible reasons:

Measurements: Physical channel not specified

Before I measure AI14, I used "Getvoltage.vi" to measure AI7 at an earlier place in my code and it works fine.

Even if I measure AI14 at that earlier place, it still works fine.

But gives me an error when I try to measure AI14 (or any other AI) at a later place in my code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

- jeet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,663 Views)

Hi jeet,

It looks like the error that you are getting is coming from DAQmx Create Channel Digital Output.  I'm not really sure why this occurs since the .vi you attached does not include a Digital Output task--are you calling this vi from a top-level program?

I'm assuming that you have a Digital Output task somewhere in your top-level vi (or one of its sub-vis)--the error indicates that no channel is specified for this task.  The program returns an error as soon as you try to create the Digital Output channel, so if you are trying to run your analog input tasks after the error occurs you are probably not getting any results.  Let me know if you need any help, if you post more information I'd be happy to help you narrow it down.  Thanks for posting and have a great day!

-John 

Message Edited by John P on 11-03-2008 10:42 AM
John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,638 Views)

Hi John

I call getvoltage.vi from a top level program. and I just found that the error I am getting, actually comes from a previous VI and gets

wired into getvoltage.vi. 

I still have to check whats causing the error in the previous vi. But thanks for your response. I will check back with you, if I still need

help.

Thanks

jeet

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,628 Views)