Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi-6284, scc68

All,

I need to understand how to use the scc 68 box with a pxi-6284 driver. I tried some labview examples to measure voltage, but it seems not to work. Could someone give an introduction in how to use this two.

Thank you,

Cosmica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,899 Views)

To be more specific,

1. I did a fuction generator

2. then I read the output from a pxi-5412 to the scc 68 box

3. then I try to read the value assigned to one of the pins in the scc 68 box(the scc 68 was connected to the multifunction DAQ (6248))

4. But, it seems not to be working.

Thank you,

Cosmica

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,898 Views)

Hi Comica,

The easiest way to make this setup for testing purposes would be to use a DAQmx task in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  All you need to do is go to Start » All Programs » National Instruments and start Measurement and Automation Explorer.  Once inside you should see the PXI-6284 under NI-DAQmx Devices.  You can right-click on the PXI-6284 and select Create Task.  From here, you can select Acquire Signals » Analog Input » Voltage.  Then, select the channel you want to connect the output of the function generator.  Once the task is created, you can click on it under NI-DAQmx tasks.  Once you click on the task, you can see a tab in the middle at the bottom called "Connection Diagram".  Once you click on this, it should ask you for which accessory you are using (Unless this has been assigned in the properties of the device already) and show you the correct way to connect your signal to the device to acquisition.  Then just run the task making sure that you are acquiring at a fast enough sampling rate to correctly represent the signal.  For example, a signal at 1KHz requires a sampling rate of atleast 2KS/s according to Nyquist theorem.  My recommendation would be to acquire at atleast 5 to 10 times the rate your signal is going at (Ex. for 1KHz use 10KS/s).

I hope this helps,

Paul C. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,875 Views)

Thank you!!!

Cosmica

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,873 Views)