Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem for PXI 6115 voltage generation when I try change the amplitude during the loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I bought a new multifunction card PXI 6115 and I want to test the voltage generation function.

As the fugure below, I wrote a simplist wave generation program.  I set the amplitude to 1 and start the program. It can actually generate a sine wave. But when I change the amplitude to 2 while the program is running, the card can not generate the new wave with amplitude 2V. Earlier I have used cDAQ NI 9263 for analog voltage generation with the same program. But there was no such problem. For attachment I also wrote a program without DAQ assistant, in whch I also specified the write buffer.

Young365_0-1597823800736.png

Young365_1-1597823897735.png

Best regards

Yang Sun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,027 Views)

Hi,

I'm unable to open the VI that you have attached but I have try to find relevant link here.
Did you try this link before (On The Fly Waveform Configuration with DAQmx) :

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/On-The-Fly-Waveform-Configuration-with-DAQmx/ta-p/3491040?prof...
The link provided contain some samples VI too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(966 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Young365
I found the solution. It is because PXI 6115 have a large buffer size. So before the write task on board buffer size should be set. (I don't know what's the difference between buffer size and on board buffer size.) Then everything goes well.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(823 Views)