From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

piezo element with 9219

I am using a compact DAQ with a 9219 module.  I would like to connect this cheap sensor from radio shack or something similar. 

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062402

Is there anything more to this than plugging them into the correct wire ports?  There might be nothing to this but I have just recently started using NI hardware and labview.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,899 Views)

Not enough tecnical information on the linked page to tell. Do you want to use it as a sound pickup or create sound with it?

It does mention that it requires an external driver circuit to output sound which is sold separately, did not see any details on that though.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,892 Views)

I am going to try to use this as a cheap force sensor.  Has anyone tried this?  I do not have any specifications other than what is provided on the website.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,882 Views)

Force as in sound pressure or direct mechanical? Static or dynamic?

It would probably generate a voltage due to the piezoelectric effect but I am not sure what type of amplitude it will generate. The bandwidth of response may be quite narrow with a steep rolloff as you deviate from the center peak.

Hook it up to an analog input channel of the DAQ using differntial mode if possible and give it a try.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,870 Views)