From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-6225 crashing

Hello All,

I have a pci-6225 and I would like to rule out something that might be happening. Is there a chance that this device would cause an exception if, for instance, the board temperature goes above the maximum(55º C)?  I am asking this question because my application sometimes crashes when operating at the customer location while in my office it works fine. Besides, this crash happens after about 3 hours of operation and I believe that this might be something to do with the temperature there, since everything else is exactly the same. Another thing, what else woud cause the board to switch off by itself.

Thanks

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,631 Views)

Hello,

I had search for this information and according with the following manual, the operating temperature for this board is between -20 and 70º C. Look at page 12 for see this information.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371290g.pdf 

If the temperature in the enviroment is about 55º, maybe that is not the problem.

What other informations could you give me for I can help you?

Regards.

Luciano Borges

National Instruments Brazil

Luciano Borges
Test Development Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,581 Views)

Hello Fred

I think Temperature cann't be the problem in the PCI Cards. it can be your application which is crashing please check your appliction software. 

also you focus over memory management, you can also check in Task manager for a particular application. 

Regards

Love Diwan 

There is always a better way to do things.................. "Just Find It"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,574 Views)