Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on an pci_mio 16e4 programming using nidaq & visual basic, after using AI_Setup analog sequential data accusition stops.To restart I use Init_DA_Brds This takes a long time, What must I reset to restore the analog sequential function?

on an pci_mio 16e4 programming using nidaq & visual basic, after using AI_Setup analog sequential data accusition stops.To restart I use Init_DA_Brds This takes a long time, What must I reset to restore the analog sequential function?
I belive that the trigger is being changed on the io board, but cannot manage to reset it.
The reset process takes in the order of 0.1 sec, and since this is a time critical application, i want to get the scanning function working again faster
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,360 Views)
I bring your attention to the nidaq help 6.9 for Init_DA_Brds: "...Init_DA_Brds is called automatically. It does not have to be explicitly called by your application. ..." maybe you don't need to call it when you restart your program?
Hope this helps,
Iain.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,360 Views)
Dear Ian. Thank you for your reply. The problem appears to be that the scan trigger(s) are stopped, or something, by the use of the AI_setup instruction. The sytstem works perfectly until this instruction is used. My problem is in understanding what has happened since the help seems to give no detail on any interconnection between the scan system and the external analog trigger system. I have tried to reconnect the triggers, but so far unsucessfuly
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,360 Views)