From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no supported devices found

I am trying to use a NI-PCI-5114 card to measure voltage signal. I installed NI-PCI-5114 in my computer. I can see it in the MAX and Windows Device Manager. It passes the self-test. When I tried to use DAQ Assistant to configure it ( NI-DAQ>>Aquire Signals>>Analog Input>>Voltage ), I got the message "no supported devices found". I am using LabVIEW 8.5 evaluation version. Could you tell me why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,380 Views)
You can't use the DAQ Assistant because it is not a DAQ board. It is a digitizer/scope and you have to use NI-Scope on the Instrument I/O>Instrument Drivers palette.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,372 Views)
Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for your help. I am new to the LabVIEW. I just got the software and the PCI-5114 board last Fri.

My application is that using the PCI-5114 to measure 2 input voltages automatically and save the results to files.I chose the leaving Window Trigger mode in order to record the data which is higher than +0.5V or  lower than -0.5V.

The device is used to record the 2 voltage signals contineouly. How should I set the hardward's timeout value?

The acquired data will be analyzed by MatLab. Which format is better, .lvm, .tdms or .tdm?

The attached file is the VI I made.

Best Regards

Min

Message Edited by mbei on 05-12-2008 02:53 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,365 Views)
Hi Min,

To acquire continuously with the scope, I would try changing the acquisition mode in the NI SCOPE Express VI to continuous.  Just keep in mind that you gather data VERY quickly that way.  With 2 channels at 250MS/s/ch, you generate 500MB of data a second!

Also, I definitely recommend exploring some of the example programs found in the NI Example Finder, which you can find from LabVIEW be going to the top menu bar and selecting Help » Find Examples.  Browse the examples by task to Hardware Input and Output » Modular Instruments » NI-SCOPE (High Speed Digitizers) » Continuous Acquisition.  There are several examples there to try.

I hope this helps!
Regards,
John Bongaarts
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,335 Views)
Hi NI-Bongo,

Thanks for your help. Those examples are very helpful. My VI works finally. Thanks a lot!

Now I am facing another issue: import the data I acquired to MatLab. I posted another thread about it: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=324354

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Best Regards

Min
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,310 Views)
Hi mbei,

I'll post back on the other thread to keep the information on this in one place.

Regards,
John B.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Message Edited by NI-Bongo on 05-19-2008 09:02 AM
Regards,
John Bongaarts
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,280 Views)