Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nidevmon.exe error 0xc0000142 / niusb6009 Multifunction I/O

Solved!
Go to solution

Our Labview application collects analog data using a niusb6009 Multifuncion I/O. The application is proven, and has been in production for years.

Today, the application stopped receiving analog data. After shutting down the application, shutting down our computer w/ Windows XP Pro SP2.

The Computer and Windows was restarted. When opening our LabView Application, the following error was displayed:

nidevmon.exe Error: "The Application failed to initiate properly (0xc0000142) Click OK to terminate application.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,630 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SherwoodScubaSteve

Howdy Scuba Steve!

Is there anything that could have been changed software/hardware-wise on the machine prior to this error occuring?  Also, what version of LabVIEW and DAQmx are you using?

The nidevmon.exe error could be caused by a number of different things.  Please look over this KnowledgeBase article for possible solutions to the problem.

Regards,

Barron
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(6,606 Views)

this KB link no longer works.  can someone at NI please provide a new link to this KB article??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,611 Views)

Hey try the steps given in this KB: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8iMSAS

If this step doesn't work then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall NI software.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,589 Views)