Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nidaqmx Boot camp XP driver failure

I am running a dual intel macbookpro, one partition running OS 10.5.6 and the other running windows XP sp3. I am attempting to interface with a pci-6133 and a pci-6115 which are housed in a magma pci chassis (Magma is the NI recommended 3rd party provider for pci chassis to house NI pci instruments). The chassis connects to the laptop via a Magma express card/34. Before installing the DAQ devices, I installed the driver set cds, NI-DAQmx Version 8.6. in the Windows partition. During the installation of the drivers there were 2 points where specific files failed to install, once during the disk 1 segment, and again during the disk 2 segment. I do not recall the name of the files that did not install. I simply hit continue and the installation continued.  At the end of the installation, a failure message appeared indicating that the installation failed. However, it seemed that all the components were installed in the indicated directory under program files. So, I carried on and attempted to install the pci DAQ devices. The pci-6115 and driver seemed to install fine. The pci-6133 driver did not install correctly. When I opened the Measurements and Automation application, neither device appeared under devices. After running the NIDAQmx install, every time I restart the computer the following error message displays:  

nidevmon.exe - Unable To Locate component
This application has failed to start because nimru2u.dll was not found. Re-installing application may fix problem.

Otherwise the OS seems to operate smoothly. I tried repairing the NIDAQmx install using Add/remove programs in windows. That did not change anything. I have not yet uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. Before I do I want to know if there is some sort of known issue with Boot Camp windows XP sp3 and NIDAQmx. And, I would also like to know the best way to uninstall the NIDAQmx software?

Thanks,
Shane 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,160 Views)

Shane,

Thank you for posting on the NI Forums. It sounds to me like you are correct in assuming you had a bad install of DAQmx. Without knowing the exact name of the files it was unable to install I can't be sure what is not working correctly. If repairing the drivers did not take care of the issue it would be best to un-install the driver and you can do that from the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, Select "National Instruments Software" and click on "Change/Remove". This will open up another Add/Remove Programs for the National Instrument software. Find the DAQmx driver and then select "Remove". This will remove the necessary files. Then I would try installing the driver again. If you do get any errors please note them as they will help me look into the issue further. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,136 Views)
Thanks Aaron. I did the uninstall and reinstall and it worked like a charm. I had a second set of brand new install disks. Perhaps the original set were damaged. Thanks for the reply.

shane

Aaron W. wrote:

Shane,

Thank you for posting on the NI Forums. It sounds to me like you are correct in assuming you had a bad install of DAQmx. Without knowing the exact name of the files it was unable to install I can't be sure what is not working correctly. If repairing the drivers did not take care of the issue it would be best to un-install the driver and you can do that from the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, Select "National Instruments Software" and click on "Change/Remove". This will open up another Add/Remove Programs for the National Instrument software. Find the DAQmx driver and then select "Remove". This will remove the necessary files. Then I would try installing the driver again. If you do get any errors please note them as they will help me look into the issue further. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,117 Views)