Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nidaqmx 8.0.2 and redhat 5 support

Hi all, From the readme provided with Nidaqmx 8.0.2, it is not clear if it is or it is not supported redhat 5, as we can read : Operating System Support ------------------------ NI-DAQmx 8.0.2 for Linux software for the Intel x86 32-bit architecture is supported on the following Linux distributions: * Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop + Workstation 5 * Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 4 ... and a few line later : Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 4 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop + Workstation 5 are not supported in this release. So my question will be : is the 8.0.2 supported redhat Entreprise Linux Desktop + Workstation 5 If yes, when installing, is it necessary to modify modpost.c (replace SZ 500 by SZ 1024) as it was described in this forum ? if yes, is the problem raised in this forum, regarding died of mxsvr after about 23 days, solved in this release ? Thanks in advance, regards T Barrier
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,043 Views)

Hello Atos,

Indeed the readme of DAQmx 8.0.2 can be disturbing and we can't conclude if this driver really support REDHAT 5.

According to this forum it seems it is supported.

The document realeased by NI is contradictory : KB.

I try to get the info in order to conclude on this problem and will try to update this topic as soon as I can.

Sincerely

Romain D.

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,969 Views)

Hi Atos,

DAQmx 8.0.2 does support Red Hat 5.0, as well as many other Linux distributions that it will work on. Most newer distributions should work with 8.0.2 even if they are not listed, but we make no guarantees about them.

Sincerely

Romain

Romain DUVAL || RF & Semiconductor Staff System Engineer || CLA || CTA
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,954 Views)

OK I understand from your answer that nidaqmx 8.0.2 supports redhat 5. That's a good news, as it was not the case with previous releases I think.

So I have once again 2 questions :

1> In this forum, it was propose, to make previous release work on redhat 5, (even if not supported) , to modify modpart.c (replace #define SZ 500 by 1024).

Is it necessary to do so wirh 8.0.2, as nothing particular is said in readme.

2> One guy of my team as posted since several months problem with mxssvr service on redhat 5 : the service dies after

about 23 days with no reason. Do you have some news about this problem ? is it solve with 8.0.2 now supported on redhat 5 ?

This problem is fatal for us, as our application is for nuclear power, we can't stop our application at any time to restart mxssvr, then restart our application.

Thanks in advance,

T Barrier

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,952 Views)