cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni-scope with ni-6229

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I would like to know if I can use ni pci 6229 with ni-scope soft? I didnt find any information about that.

Thank you,

Dima.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,343 Views)
No. You use scope hardware with NI-Scope and DAQ devices with DAQmx software.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,341 Views)

what do you mean by scope hardware?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,338 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,329 Views)

this is very expensive. I found something else: http://www.ni.com/virtualbench/buy/.

But interesting thing if I connect enter from functional generator into the ni-6229 I didnt see the signal? or I should build a program to see this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,324 Views)
You should be able to set-up the 6229 with the test panel in
MAX before you write a program.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,312 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,309 Views)

So Dennis,

If its all right and my computer sees this card then I can write a program to determine the frequency of the signal and ect. But once again question: can I connect functional generation to the ni-6229 through the connector block?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,308 Views)
I have no idea what function generator you are talking about but the whole purpose of the analog inputs of the 6229 is to measure physical signals so I don't understand why you are so confused. How did you make the connection?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,302 Views)

you are right. it shouldn't be a problem to connect it. the functional generator is oor-x 311.

its a regular input of 50 Ohm. Anyway my goal is to measure a signals with ni-6229. I would like to write some kind of program to simulate a simple scope with that card. just to see the sinusoidal signals.

I made connections with BNC.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,295 Views)