Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my computer does not boot with pci-6711 installed

I am using a pci-6711 and downloaded and installed the latest software but my computer will not boot with the card installed.  If its out it boots to vista 64 fine.  It is and intel i7 processor. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,306 Views)
I have two i7 computers, each with a PCI-6711 installed. They work fine. If the computer isnt getting past the boot screen, then it's probably some sort of hardware error.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,303 Views)
What version of DAQmx driver do you have installed on the machine? Also, have you tried the card on some other computer; could be a faulty card.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,291 Views)

kgemballa,

As the others have correctly mentioned above me this is most likely a hardware problem and not a software problem.  I would try and test this card in another computer.  If it works then we have an issue between this card and your specific PC, but if as the other poster mentioned and it also fails on the other computer then it is probably best to return this card for repair. 

The only other thing I could think of that could possibly cause this is that the PC power supply is not sufficent to boot up both this new card and the PC however this seems very unlikely.

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,273 Views)

Hello, I'm having the same issue here. My setup is :

• Windows 7 64 bits
  • Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU i7 3770
  • Motherboard from Dell : LA0531 with one PCI slot

So basically, when I plug the NI PCI-6711 into the PCI slot, I can turn on the computer, but windows never show up and there is no video output or any signal on the mouse and keyboard (USB).

I tried to force the display output to be the intel integrated graphics in the BIOS but it doesn't change anything. Also, the card works fine on an old computer that uses windows 98.

I wonder if it is a known issue with old cards from NI...

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,835 Views)

Could this be related to the power supply not outputting enough wattage for the computer when the card is inserted?

Highest Regards,

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,814 Views)