Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxbaseconfig bugs on OS X?

I am trying to use mxbaseconfig on OS X 10.3.7 (NI-DAQmx Base 1.4.0f2) to define a task with two channels to scan. Nothing fancy.

So I click on Create New Task, select the type as Analog Input.

On the Channel List tab I click the counter on the left to read 2.
(The controls to the right of the counter often appear to be de-activated, but you can still interact with them).

I set Channel to 0 in the first line, and 1 in the second line, and set the other controls to appropriate values.

I click Save and Exit (why is there no Save without Exit?).

When I re-enter and select my new task in the task list, it show zero in the channel counter.

I have also been unable to scan in my C++ application using this task.

Any comments? Am I doing something wrong?

Message Edited by WM John Weeks on 04-06-2005 05:40 PM

John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,546 Views)
The "channel counter" is actually an array index. Incrementing the control on the left changes which element of the array is displayed at the top. When you increase the array index to 2, you are essentially scrolling past the first two channels in your list, which remain set to channel 0. The reason the controls on the right seem to greyed out is that they are not yet initialized with data.

All of this UI interaction is very common in LabVIEW (as the utility is written in LabVIEW). Sorry for the misunderstanding.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,538 Views)

@Malcolm wrote:
The "channel counter" is actually an array index. Incrementing the control on the left changes which element of the array is displayed at the top. When you increase the array index to 2, you are essentially scrolling past the first two channels in your list, which remain set to channel 0. The reason the controls on the right seem to greyed out is that they are not yet initialized with data.

All of this UI interaction is very common in LabVIEW (as the utility is written in LabVIEW). Sorry for the misunderstanding.

OK, thanks Malcolm.

I just looked at it again and I can see that as the counter is incremented things slide up the list. But that brings me to a new question: how do you set the number of channels in the task?

You say this is a common way to do things in Labview. Does that mean I should learn Labview in order to use this utility? Is there some description somewhere of how to interact with it?
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,537 Views)
Hi John,

You do not need to specify the number of channels explicitly - simply add the channels you'd like to include into the task. LabVIEW knowledge is not required to use this Utility. Your idea for documentation is a good one, and you can submit it from the following website:

Contact NI

Thanks,
Lesley
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,521 Views)

@LYu wrote:
Hi John,

You do not need to specify the number of channels explicitly - simply add the channels you'd like to include into the task. LabVIEW knowledge is not required to use this Utility. Your idea for documentation is a good one, and you can submit it from the following website:

Contact NI

Thanks,
Lesley

Done. Thanks!
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,518 Views)