cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxDAQ Documentation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am looking for documentation that explains the details of the calling statements in the VB 6 code examples.

I refer to the expression "DAQmxReadAnalogF64" as the calling statement, if this is not correct please advise me what NI uses to refer to this expression.

I refer to the expression:

( taskHandle, numSampsPerChannel, 10#, _

fillMode, data(0), arraySizeInSamps, sampsPerChanRead, ByVal 0&)

as the arguments of the calling function, and if this is not correct please advise me what NI uses to refer to these variables.

In the VB 6 code examples there is the statement:

DAQmxReadAnalogF64(taskHandle, numSampsPerChannel, 10#, _

fillMode, data(0), arraySizeInSamps, sampsPerChanRead, ByVal 0&)

I assume that this statement is device specific.

So I am interested in the details of what the arguments are, and what they accomplish when used with the NI 9201 8 Channel Analog Input Module used in the cDAQ 9174 backplane chassis.

I assume this information is available on your ni.com web site, so please direct me to the appropriate location on the site.

Thank you,

George Benedict

BPI President and Owner

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,614 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GJBene

Hi George,

The DAQmx VB6 API is documented in the NI-DAQmx C Reference Help, which should be installed on your computer. Look on the Start Menu under All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQ >> Text-Based Code Support >> NI-DAQmx C Reference Help. It's not available on the web at this time. (But there is a somewhat related idea exchange posting that you can vote for: Post the NI-DAQmx base C Function Reference Help pages on your fora somewhere. Voting helps show that there is customer demand for DAQ documentation on the web.)

Why look in the C help instead of a VB6-specific help file? The DAQmx VB6 API is actually just a type library that allows you to access the DAQmx ANSI C API directly from VB6.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,605 Views)

Thank you Brad.

This is clear to me now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,580 Views)