From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modeling 4461 card

Hmmmm. Frankly, I'm not sure what the problem is. Unfortunately I don't know very much about the 6356. Are you using the BNC version or the terminal strip version? Because the BNC version has a 4.99 k resistor in parallel with a 0.1 uF capacitor to ground on the AI- input when the switch is in the FS position. That actually shouldn't affect anything, but the gap between "shouldn't" and "doesn't" never fails to surprise me.

The fact that it's differential is no problem. The 4461 is differential, and I believe I usually leave the inputs in differential mode for impedance measurements. The catch is that the system must be grounded somewhere, since the fixture is single-ended. Preferably that's at the generation side, since the 4461 output impedance actually changes according to how it's hooked up (a consequence of the semi-floating differential output stage).

Other things that come to mind are: make sure the sample rates are the same on input and output. Make sure there's not any aliasing going on anywhere.

If you can send me your version of the code, I can try to get my hands on a 6356 and see if I can figure out where it's going off the rails.

Hope this helps,

EBL

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 52
(314 Views)

Hello EBL,

I am using the terminal strip version of the 6356 and the AO can only be configured as RSE.  I have both AI0- and AI1- connected to AO GND, following your impedance fixture circuit.

I will send you the code I am using once I get the chance - I have just combined your separate VIs into one that launches the Calibrate.vi and saves the SCal file before proceeding to impedance measurements.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 52
(268 Views)