From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mig software

BCuervo wrote:

Seth,

I don't think the NI config manager was showing in the area I had scrolled to. Here is the complete NI display. I'm also showing another error that pops up when I hit run.

Config manager showing.JPGOther error.JPG

See Here For an explaination of what you may be seeing.  Looking at your snapshots You seam to have a "continious" acquisition that you attempt to restart.  Try configuring the task outside the loop use  start task.vi, a read (any).vi and  stop task.vi inside the loop.  End by desrtoying the task after the loop finshes.  Be aware of the "autostop" property of the task and then pay attention to the known bug that may exist.

NI - can we get an update on  CAR #185781?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,979 Views)

Hey Bryan,

One thing to check on, are you logged in to an Administrator account?  Also, could you post the code you are using and use highlight execution to determine which of the VIs is returning the error?

Jeff: That CAR is currently still under investigation.

Regards,

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,967 Views)

I'm the admistrator on my laptop and there aren't any user accounts set up so I don't think that's it. I narrowed it down further by installing the software on another Vista laptop and getting everything to work. The difference between that Vista and mine is that mine is a 64 bit. So now I know I can get LabView to work on Vista! I would still like to get it to work on my Vista 64 bit laptop. Now that we've narrowed down the problem, does anyone have anymore ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan

Message 13 of 17
(1,919 Views)

While I'm usually not a fan of recommending this, I think it may be time to try uninstalling NI-DAQmx and reinstalling it from scratch.  I believe that something didn't "hook up" correctly during the last install process.

If you would like one more thing to try, open the Command Prompt in Administrator Mode and enter "netstart mxssvr".  It will either start the service that this error should refer to, or if the service is already started then the reinstall is definitely the next step.  If it does start the service and you don't want to have to manually start it, reinstalling will remove the resources related to that service and then re-add them, hopefully fixing whatever is wrong.

Regards,

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,910 Views)
Just to be clear, the command is "net start mxssvr". The space between "net" and "start" was missing in the last post.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,881 Views)
One more thing: Open Windows Task Manager and check to see if nimxs.exe is running.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,880 Views)

Are you using LabVIEW 2009 64-bit or 32-bit?  Looking at the screenshot of the DAQ Assistant, it looks like you are able to run the preview in the dialog without a problem.  I'm assuming that whenever you generate the code (click OK) and run the VI that you see the error?

If this is the case and you're using LabVIEW 64-bit, it would seem that the issue would be 32-bit working and 64-bit not working (which would explain test panels working as well).  If you are using LabVIEW 64-bit, can you try LabVIEW 32-bit?

(Note: If LabVIEW is installed under C:\Program Files, it's 64-bit; if it's under C:\Program Files (x86), it's 32-bit.)

Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,869 Views)