From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking with ni causes stdlib's system routine to not work?

So basically, I was wondering why when I add "-lnidaqmx" to "g++ test.cpp", the file "omg" isn't created - yet when I omit the linking flag, "omg" is created.

Using fedora core 4 with 2.6.13.5, nidaqmx 8.0m, and gcc/g++ 4.0.2.  Let me note that all ni apps installed work fine, and all examples run fine.
As a further puzzler, things work as expected when ran under valgrind.

Message Edited by Jason Newton on 01-03-2006 09:29 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,846 Views)
Jason,

I've compiled and run your code on Mandriva 2006 and it worked as expected, with and without the nidaqmx library. This is using gcc/g++ version 4.0.1-5mdk. Perhaps this has something to do with Fedora Core? Have you seen this on any other distributions? More importantly, is this behavior causing problems with your end application?

Hope this helps,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,821 Views)
It seems this is related to kernel version.  I decided to try 2.6.12.6 and the sample code now works fine.

On another note, is it possible for NI to keep a list of supported kernels?  I recall having fun with kernel versions for nidaqmxbase 1.5 as well, and knowing which are known to work without problems would be a big help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,812 Views)
Jason,

Rather than support kernel versions, we choose to support specific distributions. There are other things beyond the kernel that can cause problems with our software and drivers. Here is a link of supported distributions.

Hope this helps,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,801 Views)