From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hysteresis (bang-bang) control for thermostat in cDAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Bing,

I was thinking of doing a similar project for my Degree in Mechatronics.

Could you send any info to me,as i was interested inhow your project turned out.

Do you need a motor to get a fan to work to turn on?

or is it better to use a heater to warm up the room?

Any info i would appricate it

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,659 Views)

If you are close to a degree in mechatronics, you should be able to answer your questions by yourself...facepalm.gif

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 12 of 18
(2,650 Views)

Hello Henrik, and all looking for a on/off temperature controller,

Here is a VI I created based off of Henrik's hysteresis-set point controller. I modified it so that the set point is the average of Ton and Toff, and so that the hysteresis is the difference between Ton and Toff divided by 2. 

I am planning to read the temperature in from a thermocouple, and will output an on/off signal to a relay using the logic from the heater on/off.

I hope this helps any other people who are looking for this type of a controller.

Also, I would be interested to see Henrik's solution to this type of on/off controller (rather than hysteresis/set point).

Best,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,663 Views)

OMG that code is more than 8 years old.... I can't remember how many new PC's I got inbetween 😄

Maybe I find the time to look for that old vi... if I find that old harddrive ..

Q&D LV-Forum help vis rest on my local drive.... 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,650 Views)

I know this thread is a few months old but is there chance you can post your example in 2017 version?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,266 Views)

made a picture ... the main control scheme is drawn in a minute ... this one is for cooling .. homework would be to change it to a heater 😄

2pointBangBang.png

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,261 Views)

Good Morning Henrik,

Yes, your block diagram is easy to follow. I was referring to Thomas' Heaters Control.vi , Although I should be able to use your example, it would be nice to see what other ideas are out there. Thomas' vi is from a 2018 version, I'm using 2017. Even a screenshot would do.

Regards,

Sandro

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,253 Views)

Good Morning

May I know why we have subtract the error with the hysteresis band and also what is the conversion done in the expression node why is it done 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(698 Views)