From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how we control a eletrical load through a timer

sir
   we want to apply the various eletrical load ie;starting from 100A to 500A in the circuit. The load should ON for a particular time ie;1mins like that. how can I use LabVIEW as a timer?.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,386 Views)

Hello mail_2is,

There are different ways to using timing with LabVIEW.  How are you interfacing with your hardware?  Do you have a DAQ board or a switch?  What are you using to provide the current?

Depending on your hardware, there may be several options.  Some options include the timed loop or sequence, a timer (i.e. wait ms) inside a while loop, external signals to trigger an event, or hardware timing for a daq task (analog or digital). 

If you do not require precise timing (i.e. your load can be on for approximately 1 minute, 55-65 seconds is fine) then the simplest option would be to using the timing functions or timed structures.  To learn about these functions use context help (CTRL+H) or LabVIEW help for the functions in your structures pallette (timed structures) and your timing pallette.

If you would like a more detailed suggestion, please post information regarding what hardware you are using and what signals you would like to control from LabVIEW.

Regards,

Jennifer O.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,371 Views)