Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use internal clocks in PCI-6229

hi all
im using PCi-6229 along with SCB 68.As i am new to labview i donot know how to access the internal clocks .Ive read the manuals but i did not understand how to use the Ai sample clock, trigger..etc..I would like somebody to help me out on this stuff.Also can u access the internal clocks through any particular pins?the pin no of the different trigger and sample clocks,source and gate have not been mentioned for M series.Please help me out on this.

Sankar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,279 Views)

Hi Sankar,

Follow the steps in the KnowledgeBase article: KB 3WRGIUOC: How Can I Know What Internal Routes are Available on My Device? to get an understanding of possible routes on your device.  The SCB 68 pin-outs for an M Series device will be similar to the E series.  Refer to the KnowledgeBase article:  KB 3G9GKDB5: SCB-68 Quick Reference Label for M Series for a pin out diagram you can use.

Could you provide some background information on what you are trying to accomplish?  What signal would you like to route in particular and what are you trying to trigger?  We may be able to help you further with additional information. 

Some extremely helpful shipping examples are available in LabVIEW.  To find them in LabVIEW, go to the Help » Find Examples.  Examples for your device can be found under Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx. 

Best Regards

Hani R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,250 Views)

hi hani

first of all thanks for the info.But i am getting a little confused.Its said that we can route the internal clocks..i agree with that but wat are the pin nos for the internal clocks.In the M series connector diagrams you had sent it was different frm the E series device as the internal clock pin nos were specified in E series while it was not in Mseries.Can u explain how we can simply view the internal clock outputs  on to a CRO..This info will be really helpful.

regards

Sankar N

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,242 Views)
Hi Sankar,

By internal clock, I will assume you are writing about the AI Sample Clock.  If you look in Measurement and Automation explorer under the device routes tab, you will notice that AI Sample Clock can be directly routed to any of the PFI lines.  I have attached an image of how you would do this in LabVIEW.  Essentially, I am using the DAQmx Export Signal VI to route the Sample Clock to PFI0. 

Once the sample clock is routed to a PFI line, you can connect your scope to the PFI line to acquire the signal.  If you would like to read a little more about LabVIEW and Data Acquisition I would recommend the LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours and the Getting Started with NI-DAQmx resources. 

Message Edited by Hani R on 12-07-2007 04:38 PM

Best Regards

Hani R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,222 Views)