Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start designing a data acquisition system using a PDA / pocket PC?

Please help me. I am student.

Can anyone explain how to start my final project (PDA DAQ with USB-6008)?

For now I already have a O2 XDA flame and is ordering the NI USB-6008 for the ADC. Are there any additional software should I download?
Please provide a link to download the software and documents that can support the project.

For additional information use my PDA windows mobile 5 and I use labview 2009.

Thanks a lot,
sorry I just switched email accounts.
Regards,

Ajun Alfianto.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,929 Views)

To set this up you will need to have the LabVIEW Mobile Module (your university will have to provide this software to you), and NI-DAQmx Base.  This the latest version of this driver can be downloaded from ni.com/support.

I would strongly suggest looking over the Getting Started with the LabVIEW Mobile Module document.  This will help you get up to speed with what you are doing. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,912 Views)
if I use the LV 2009 is I have to use the Mobile Module with the same version (Labview Mobile Module 2009)?
Can use the Mobile Module version 8.5 or 8.6?

thanks David, you are very helpful.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,876 Views)
As with all LabVIEW modules, the Mobile Module must be the same version as the version of LabVIEW you are installing it on. Therefore with LabVIEW 2009, you must have LabVIEW Mobile Module 2009.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,871 Views)

Hi David,

Can you suggest to me any example program wich use PDA and NI USB-6008?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,762 Views)

Hello,

There are many examples that ship with DAQmx Base for PDA.  They can be found on your PC at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\examples\daqmxbase\PDA\dynamic.  (This is only true if you have installed LabVIEW to the default location.  Otherwise, the examples will be located wherever you installed LabVIEW. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,735 Views)

Thanks for your attention.

I do not find the directory folder that you mean. Do I need to install the LV Mobile module?

FYI I have yet to install the Mobile Module LV ..

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,728 Views)
Yes, of course.
Message 8 of 14
(3,720 Views)

I have installed the Mobile Module LV 2009 and NI-DAQmx that I received from NI USB-6008 package. But I do not find the folder that you mean.

Please send me a sample program that uses PDAs and NI USB 6008.A
program that associated with temperature data acquisition would be better. Thanks.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,694 Views)
Why did you install DAQmx instead of the required DAQmx Base?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,692 Views)