Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to perform diode check using Agilent 34970a?

apologies if I am in wrong section of forum-> 

I wanted to perform diode check using Agilent 34970a. Reading specs, it seems that it has 6.5digit multimeter in it. I am not using any specific programming language at the moment, but I will be open to TestStand, Labview, CVI. 

Is there a way to do this?

thanks,

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,481 Views)

Hi,

I am a bit confused on your question. Are you asking how to do this task with the Agilent 34970a or are you curious on how to use LabVIEW/TestStand to perform the diode check? If you want to use LabVIEW/TestStand, do you currently have hardware for testing, or are you looking for recommendations on what hardware to get?

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,457 Views)

I'm asking how to perform this test using TestStand and Agilent 34970a. I have Agilent 34970a with me currently. 

Thanks for reply. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,419 Views)

You can use TestStand to automate various testing procedures. Within TestStand, you can have a step that uses LabVIEW code (or other languages) which can interface with the Agilent 34970a device. The users on the forum will probably be better at answering more specific questions. If you have general questions about the functionality of TestStand and if it can meet your needs, you can always call into our support team, or sales team (if you are curious about purchasing TestStand).

Michael B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,417 Views)

Hi Michael, I already have purchased TestStand. I guess my question should have been more focused on using Agilent 34970a as a way to do diode test. 

I will wait for someone to respond. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,414 Views)

@LV_Enthu wrote:

Hi Michael, I already have purchased TestStand. I guess my question should have been more focused on using Agilent 34970a as a way to do diode test. 

I will wait for someone to respond. 

There are no modules within the HP/Agilent/Keysight 34970A that will perform a diode test.  There are ways to perform tests for checking diodes, but there is no specific module capabilities within the 34970A Data Acquisition Switch.

There are other devices (curve tracer / device characterization) that are better suited at performing diode testing.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,384 Views)