From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install ni-daq cards on a pc running labview rt

Hi,

Due to a major crash I'm installing LabView RT on a new desktop PC. LabView RT seems to run ok, I can have a timed-controlled loop running. However I can't see my any of my 3 Daq devices... I keep formatting the hard drive, reinstalling the softwares and drivers using Max and plugging the cards but nothing is happening. Any ideas ? I'm using LV-RT 7.1.

Cheers,

Laurent
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,599 Views)

Hi Laurent,

As i can read, you have reinstall your Computer with LV & LV RT ?

have you reinstall the driver for the DAQ board ? (after reinstalling LV)

have you try to reinstall your RT target, and driver ?

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,549 Views)
Hi Christophe,

Yes I reinstalled the RT target PC (not the host). Once you format and boot under LVRT you can see it using Max on the host computer. I used Max to install the softwares and Daq drivers. At that point i should see the Daq cards in Max but I don't see anything...

Cheers,

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,540 Views)
Laurent,

The DAQ board are detected by MAX, you said you don't see nothing.

You can't make data acquisition ? Wich board do you have , and which driver version ?
The driver are NI-DAQ or NI-DAQmx ?

Can you give me more details about the problem.
Thanks,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,426 Views)
Hi Christophe,

I have 2 PCI6503 and a PCI6024E. I installed NI DAQmx 7.2.0 and Traiditional NI-DAQ 7.2.0. I'm using LV-RT 7.1

In Max the cards don't show up in the Deported system... However, Max is able to talk to the Target PC because I use max to install the softwares.

Hope this help,

Cheers,

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,924 Views)
some drivers of cards by default installs when you install the labview , So try by removing nidaq drivers and then install the labview .
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,769 Views)
Hi

I did re-install the drivers but the pci cards don't show up in Max...

Cheers,

Laurent
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,430 Views)
I used the ni utility to test the pc compatibility with Lv-RT and everithing is fine. Any ideas ?
Cheers,
Laurent
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,290 Views)
Hi
firstly install the device driver NIDAQmx 8.6 in your host pc ,then in the MAX go to the remote system (your may try by starting in safe mode)-------------->softwares---->add/remove and their install all the drivers to Target .
then restart the target . now all the devices should appear in MAX--->remote systems.
ok
Haider
Message 9 of 9
(5,208 Views)