From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate 2 Mhz frequency using pci-6259?

hello, im trying to generate 2 Mhz frequency signal in labwiew software. but if i increase the frequency above 500 Hz it shows error "error 20061". plese find attachment with this post. n help me to remove the error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,761 Views)

Hello,

It looks to me like the default sampling information on the square wave.vi is set to a sampling rate of 1000, your output will be limited to 500Hz.  The frequency output of the Square Wave.vi is limited to fs/2.  If I add a cluster constant for the sampling info and change the fs to 2000 then I can output a 1000Hz signal.

Hope this helps.

Steven M.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,750 Views)

You really are not going to get there with the PCI 6259.  Yes is has an update rate of 2.8MHz.  It also has a min rail-rail settle time of 2uSec.  This mean if you start going above 250KHZ the output simply cannot slew fast enough and will be distorted and attenuated.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,741 Views)

Jeff:

Would a high speed buffer or schmidt (sp?) connected to the output improve performance?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,729 Views)