From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure other digital ports except port 0 of daq 6351 for acquiring digital waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

sir,

i can acquire digital waveform using 8 line of port 0.but i have to get 24 bit digital waveform.So please tell me how can I configure other DIO ports so that i acquired digital waveform using those DIO line also

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sathi

You should be able to create a DAQmx task to read Port0, Port1, and Port2.  When you read the data from DAQmx, you will then have to combine the array of port data as needed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,599 Views)

Keep in mind that the 6351 only has 8 hardware timed lines. Port 1 and Port 2 can only be read using software timing.

Steven K.
National Instruments
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,594 Views)

Thanks for reply....can I triggered port 2 and port 1 using external clock signal...??Other thing is that,in X series Daq manual(page-121),it is written that other DIO inputs can be configured for waveform acquision,How is that possible???

please reply.its urgent

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,587 Views)

Page 121 (6-5) says "You can acquire digital waveforms on the Port 0 DIO lines." I have no idea what you are referring to.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,578 Views)

@sathi wrote:

can I triggered port 2 and port 1 using external clock signal?

Based on Steven K's response, I would say no.  Ports 1 and 2 are only software triggerable which means that they only read when a program requests data from them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,575 Views)

Sir I want to refer following line...

"

You can configure each DIO line to be an output, a static input, or a digital
waveform acquisition input."

Here it is mentioned that I can configure each DIO line to be Digital waveform acquisition..How can I do this???

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,567 Views)

Thanks for your reply...

will u please give a block diagram of what you said..then it will really helpful to me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,564 Views)