From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long to get simple multifunctoin DAQ going in Labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

i am trying to do some simple, slow digital and analog i/o. about 5 channels total, 1 second update rate is fine.

i tried connecting an Arduino to Labview / PC but could not get things working.

i am thinking of using something like the USB-6001, want to read / write a few pins from within Labview. 

have some experience with Labview -- file i/o, plotting, etc.

would i be able to get running with this USB-6001 within a few hours?

any suggestions appreciated.

michael cohn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,983 Views)

If you still would like to try this with and Arduino I would suggest trying LINX toolkit. 

Here is a good starting point for DAQmx which is the driver for that DAQ. Also if you have LabVIEW check the example finder under Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx. This instrument has multiplexed inputs due to a single ADC so your measuments will not be simultaneous. 

Hope this helps.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 2 of 5
(3,971 Views)

thanks govbob!. i will check this out.

mc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by michaelbcohn

My current record is 20 minutes on a cDAQ while explaining the program to a novice and pulling the hardware and sensors from stock.  Yes, I started from the Contineous Measurement and logging (DAQmx) Project Template.  Room temp was 19C on average from 3 sensors and my Armpit read 37C-  I no longer have access to the server where the data was logged. 

Any USB DAQ would be just as easy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,950 Views)

thanks jeff, that is what i needed to hear.

mc

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,944 Views)