From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with op-amp circuit - pci6221 and bnc2111, problems with multiple channels

Hello,

I'm trying to record force values from 4 pressure sensors, using the PCI 6221 card and BNC 2111 connector box. I put together an amplifying circuit that works off of 2x9V batteries, a TL082CP op amp chip and a circuit in a biopolar supply arrangement. This worked with one pressure sensor at a time, but there is obviously a problem in cross-talk between the op-amp chips because when i hook up my battery power leads to each chip, only one works.

Instead of troubleshooting the existing circuit, does anyone have suggestions for a simple 4 channel amplifier circuit that will work with the DAQ hardware I have? The force sensors that I'm using are the flexiforce line of sensors from Tekscan.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,750 Views)

Hello Brian,

I'm not really sure what the output range of your pressure sensors are, but the PCI-6221 has four selectable input ranges.  Most pressure sensors have a maximum output in the low mV range, so what you could do is use the +/- 200mV range on your card in order to obtain the best resolution from your signal.  This will allow you to detect changes in voltage at a step of 6.4uV.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,729 Views)