Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

from a beginner of DAQ.

Dear,

I obtained PCMCIA DAQ card recently.
I would like to use it under Labview control.

Please give me your comments some preparation document for labview programming and example code?

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,807 Views)

Labmaster:

You have been posting on this forum for over 2 years. Surely you are aware of the plethora of examples that ship with LabView and the extensive Help system. The manual of your card will assist in installing, setting it up, and making connections to external devices and signals. IMO I would start there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,797 Views)

Thank you for your comments.

I know what you mean but I wanted to hear some experiences in using DAQ + Labview.

Unfortunately, I have no any manual about DAQ card and computer has not been prepared.

I remembered there are so many manuals for DAQ controls in online.

What I asked you is to recommend me some guidance in beginning.

Please understand other's situation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,784 Views)

My apologies, I realize I jumped the gun.

I would start out with the manual, here's a link to them

http://sine.ni.com/manuals/

I have not done DAQ in a while, let alone DAQmx. You should also probably install the lastest version of DAQ that supports your card.

MAX is a good utility that is part of LV that can help you set up yor device and test it.

In terms of example code, what do you intend to do? Digital I/O, analog I/O, counter/timer? There are also good papers and application notes on this site with information on interfacing your DAQ card to real world signals and devices.

My expereience with DAQ have been very good, basically hook up the hardware to the DAQ card, isolate and condition any signals that need it, test things out and then wire up codeSmiley Tongue

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,779 Views)

Hello Labmaster:

Using DAQ in LabVIEW is actually quite simple.  First there are some steps that you should take to ensure your instruments work prior to using them in LabVIEW.  Second you can use our "Example Finder" to find data acquisition examples for all DAQ functions. 

In "Measurement and Automation Explorer"(MAX) you can view and test the various inputs/outputs of your DAQ card.  If you are using a PC you can go to Start->Programs->National Instruments->Measurement and Automation Explorer.  If you click the tab "Devices and Interfaces" you should see your card under NI-DAQmx Devices.  Click on your device and to the upper middle of your screen you will see a "Test Panels" button, click on that.  Here you will be able to monitor the various I/O of your card, the screen is easy to navigate and control is reasonably simple. 

Next, in LabVIEW there are many examples for data acquisition.  First you should open a new project in LabVIEW.  Navigate to help on the toolbar and select "Find Examples".  Within the "Browse" tab in the middle window you will see various folders that contain specific user examples.  Go to Hardware Input and Output->DAQmx... here you will find many examples based on the type of data acquisition you might need.

If you have any further questions you can feel free to ask...

Regards

Matt Sweetland

NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,756 Views)