Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequncy measurement usb 6221

hi i am student

i am doing windmeter project in that i connect windmeter to ni daq card.

i want to measure frequency using counter.

so what will i do?

i searched some example

accourding to my project i using 2 counter(large range) method in that my project i select frequ range 2 to 100 Hz.

i check that daq card using function generator that time freq has come its correct.

but how to design daqmx assit how to count freq using counter in usb6221?

plz help me.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 44
(4,967 Views)
Have a look at the examples shipped with LabVIEW (Help -> Find Examples)...Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 44
(4,959 Views)

i saw some example then i design but error 200430 has occur.

i connect my signal to ni card PFI8 which arrival from function generator which  is 10Hz.

tell me suggesion

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 44
(4,949 Views)

I would recommend you post what you have tried over here. LabVIEW developers on this forum are more likely to help if they have an example to work with. Also, have a look at the following link:

Frequency Measurements: How-To Guide

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
Message 4 of 44
(4,937 Views)

Thanks sir,

Its working i acqired freq. using function generator .(LabView 8.0).In that i set max freq. , min freq. , sample to read , timeout , one array which display freq using while loop. I used 2 counter(Large Range) method.

Next step is that i want to save all this acquire data which is display on my front side in shreadsheet, but i should to save continous data i.e. automatically. 

I saw some example but when i was run this example one dilog box appear which is ask to where u want to save data.

But i want to save data continous in one shreadsheet which i have choos at run time in that freq may be change that changing freq should save in that shreadsheet.

Please suggest me

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 44
(4,913 Views)
Again, be sure to post a snapshot of what you are working with so we can suggest a solution.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
Message 6 of 44
(4,905 Views)

I attached my snapshot

Plz see it

Tell me how to save acquire data in excel sheet continous 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 44
(4,902 Views)
plz check out link
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 44
(4,901 Views)

You have not attempted File I/O at all. Have a look at the File I/O palette on the block diagram. You can either use the Write to Text File node or the Write to Spreadsheet File subVI to create a .csv file which can be opened in Excel.

Again, have a look at the examples in the Example Finder.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 44
(4,898 Views)

Hi Adnan,

My data store in excel sheet , i set current date and time it also come in excel sheet  but not not in proprer format i.e. not in sequentionally

wht wil i do? any suggesion

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 44
(4,864 Views)