Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

force input for NI 9234

Could we implement force data into NI 9234? We need to use force hammer to excite the structure, but I didn't find any suitable module for implementing force data. Since the sensitivity of impact hammer is *mv/N, and sensitivity of accelerometer is mv/g, can I use the acceleration module to implement the force data when the acceleration "g" is taken as force "N". I think then we could get the same value for the force. Is that right?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,147 Views)

Yes, you can use the 9234 to make force measurements from an instrumented hammer provided that the hammer is powered by IEPE. We have used the 9234 to perform impact tests in which the hammer is connected to ai0 and accelerometers are connected to the remaining channels. You can even synchronize multiple 9234 modules in a single cDAQ chassis to perform SIMO measurements with up to 31 accelerometers. 

The Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite ships with a number of VIs and examples that can help with structural vibration measurements. Check out http://www.ni.com/soundandvibration/ for more information.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,139 Views)

Hi lester14,

Yes, your model is correct.  Take a look at the Impact Test (DAQmx) shipping example installed with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit.  As can be seen in the screenshot below, a linear scale is applied to turn the mV/g accelerometer input to mV/N.

force.jpg

David
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Digital Multimeters
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,123 Views)