From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fedora 11 nidaqmx

I've been testing an app for the PCI-6224 on Fedora 9 (32-bit) and am building an instrument which is powered by a mini-ITX w/ Intel 330 atom processor.  I thought I would try the latest (Fedora 11) while I was at it, but can drop back to 9 if necessary.

I cannot seem to install NIDAQ800_RedHat.  When I...

mount -o loop /root/NI/NIDAQ800_RedHat.iso /mnt
cd /mnt
./INSTALL

I get the error...

Kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i686.PAE/source does not appear to be
configured for the 2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i686.PAE kernel.

There is a number of posts addressing this error, mostly centered on SuSe which call for 'make cloneconfig'.  That is not present on Fedora.  I haven't seen this before in the several times I have done this on Fedora (first on F7, then F9) and now F11.  Could this be associated with the PAE kernel?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John Navratil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,256 Views)

I went a little further in following threads and found the suggestion to copy the boot config file over the .config in the kernel source directory.  They were identical.  Thereafter...

make modules_prepare

resulting in a failure with message ...

No rule to make target `missing-syscalls'.  Stop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,252 Views)

Installed Fedora 10 with similar result.

Kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686/source does not appear to be
configured for the 2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686 kernel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,239 Views)

Hi John,

One good resource we have available for Linux-specific issues is the Linux Users Community Page.  The community is made up of a number of developers and Linux users who work with NI products.  Perhaps somebody there could offer some more insight.

I wish I could provide more advice but I have never tried installing DAQmx to Fedora before (keep in mind that it is not an officially supported distribution).

Best Regards,

John

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,226 Views)

John,

Thanks for the heads-up on the new (to me, anyway) community.  I think I've found the core problem... I should be using the new (to me, anyway)  DAQmx801f0.is, rather than the older NIDAQ800_RedHat.iso.

I'll write up my solution in the Linux Users Community when I've tested it.

-- John Navratil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,217 Views)

Hi John,

I just realized I linked the wrong page for the Linux Community.  Here's the correct link:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/linux-users

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,210 Views)