Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fedora 11 nidaqmx

I've been testing an app for the PCI-6224 on Fedora 9 (32-bit) and am building an instrument which is powered by a mini-ITX w/ Intel 330 atom processor.  I thought I would try the latest (Fedora 11) while I was at it, but can drop back to 9 if necessary.

I cannot seem to install NIDAQ800_RedHat.  When I...

mount -o loop /root/NI/NIDAQ800_RedHat.iso /mnt
cd /mnt
./INSTALL

I get the error...

Kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i686.PAE/source does not appear to be
configured for the 2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i686.PAE kernel.

There is a number of posts addressing this error, mostly centered on SuSe which call for 'make cloneconfig'.  That is not present on Fedora.  I haven't seen this before in the several times I have done this on Fedora (first on F7, then F9) and now F11.  Could this be associated with the PAE kernel?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John Navratil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,236 Views)

I went a little further in following threads and found the suggestion to copy the boot config file over the .config in the kernel source directory.  They were identical.  Thereafter...

make modules_prepare

resulting in a failure with message ...

No rule to make target `missing-syscalls'.  Stop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,232 Views)

Installed Fedora 10 with similar result.

Kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686/source does not appear to be
configured for the 2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686 kernel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,219 Views)

Hi John,

One good resource we have available for Linux-specific issues is the Linux Users Community Page.  The community is made up of a number of developers and Linux users who work with NI products.  Perhaps somebody there could offer some more insight.

I wish I could provide more advice but I have never tried installing DAQmx to Fedora before (keep in mind that it is not an officially supported distribution).

Best Regards,

John

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,206 Views)

John,

Thanks for the heads-up on the new (to me, anyway) community.  I think I've found the core problem... I should be using the new (to me, anyway)  DAQmx801f0.is, rather than the older NIDAQ800_RedHat.iso.

I'll write up my solution in the Linux Users Community when I've tested it.

-- John Navratil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,197 Views)

Hi John,

I just realized I linked the wrong page for the Linux Community.  Here's the correct link:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/linux-users

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,190 Views)