Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fast response gas temperature measurement

I would like to measure gas temperature (in a compression cycle not too fast 10hz) at 200Hz or more. It seems like my only possibility is to make my own, bare wire, 56 AWG. Is this what you would recommend? I would prefer to just purchase something but nothing comes up with a 10ms or faster response rate. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(714 Views)

The expected temperature range would another spec you should look at 😉

Fast thermocouples and NTCs  are available, but check your if the responsetime is measured by dipping the sensor into water.

Gas usually has a poor heat transfer ...  I would search some puplications, ask omega, google?

Building (and calibrating) your own TC is possible , just keep in mind that due to chemical element migration the TC properties can change quite fast with very small diameters  (and heat and your gas)

Optical methods are fast, but expensive ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(661 Views)

Yeah I did a ton of searching for commercial products.

I think at the moment only very fine gauge thermocouple wire will work. I'd be willing to pay hundreds if something was available. Optical in my understanding requires a surface and I am not interested in surface temperatures just gas. Thanks for the help

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(655 Views)