From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to read PWM signal generated by LabVIEW and DAQmx

Dear all,

I'm a beginner of Labview and DAQmx. I create a simulated NI PCI-6225 device and a virtual channel by using DAQmx. I want to use the counter of PCI-6225 to generate PWM signal, then display the waveform of PWM signal. I generate the PWM signal according to an NI example "pulse width modulation using NI_DAQmx and Labview" (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/2991/en/ ).

This example can't display digital waveform, so I add a DAQmx read module. Then there is an error " Error -200460. Read failed, because there are no channels in this task from which data can be read. Task Name: _unnamedTask<21>".

I tried different methods to modify the error, like add while loop, change sample rate, and so on. But, these don't work.

The problem may be simple, but because I'm a beginner, it's confusing to me. I've uploaded my .vi file. Hope to get help from you. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,262 Views)

Hi Euni,

Does this device work in the original example? Did you only start to get the error when you used your modified code? Are you able to create a different task -- as in, is this isolated to just the Counter Output from the card?

Hope this gets you moving in the right direction!

Erika
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,205 Views)