Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 50103 on USB 6251

When I added the bottom most program, I began getting this error. What do I need to do to make this program work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,427 Views)

Resource is reserved...

I can't see what you are doing with the top DAQmx task, but I'm guessing you are trying to do measurements with Device 1.  I think you just need to combine all of your Analog Input tasks into a single task (a task can have multiple channels in it).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,424 Views)

Are there examples on how to add multiple input to the task? Do you just add multiple inputs to the 'start task' vi? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,417 Views)
Hundreds of answers to this common beginner error. Use the Browse option to select multiple channels. The syntax is Dev1/ai0:1 for consecutive channels or Dev1/ai0,Dev1/ai2 for non-consecutive.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,412 Views)

Each time you use the Create DAQmx Channel on a task, that channel is added to the task.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,403 Views)

Two questions:

1. Can one mix input types? E.g. differential (thermocouple) and single ended (simple voltage from a photomultiplier)? (I use both). How does one program to do both?

2.  Can one mix both AO and AI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,388 Views)
Yes, you can mix different configurations. As mentioned above, you simply use multiple Create Channel functions and pass the task from one to the next. No, you cannot have AO and AI in the same task.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,382 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
No, you cannot have AO and AI in the same task.

You should have all of your AI channels in one task.  Similarly, you should have all of your AO channels in another task.  Depending on what you are doing, you should consider doing the same for your digital inputs and digital outputs.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,377 Views)