From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 201388

Hi.

We have recently bought a cDAQ 9188 chassis with modules 2xNI 9219 and 4xNI 9236. When recognizing these modules on MAX I can only see the chassis but cannot see the modules on the tree. If I perform a self-test on the chassis and I get the following error:

Error -201388

Possible reason: Network device is not reserved for this host

Do you know what might be the cause? I'm new with NI hardware and have lost considerable time on this...

I appreciate your help.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,135 Views)

Hi gmonjo-

Hopefully we can help you get up and running without too much trouble.

Networked cDAQ chassis (like your cDAQ-9188) require the chassis to be 'reserved' by a particular host before any measurements can be taken.  Since it sounds like you are already in MAX, the easiest way to accomplish this is to click the Reserve Chassis button in the MAX right-hand pane.

After you reserve the chassis, the DAQmx driver on the host system will probe the chassis for its module loadout and will load drivers for those modules.  After that, you should be able to access Test Panels for those modules in MAX and also access them programmatically.

If this is a recurring problem (loss of reservation due to chassis contention), you can also execute Reserve and Unreserve operations programmatically using VIs on the DAQmx Advanced palette in LabVIEW (or their corresponding functions in the C API).

Hopefully this helps; let us know if you still have difficulty using your device(s) after these steps.

Tom W
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,126 Views)

yes, I have the same probleme, it works now.

Thanks.

Lily

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,975 Views)