From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -200279 occurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:1

I have the following error I need help troblshooting. Error -200279 occurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,955 Views)
Hi Help Me,

The error you are seeing means that you are not pulling data off the buffer fast enough and it is getting overwritten by new data coming in from the DAQ card. 

To avoid this situation there are several things you can do. 
- Remove signal processing from your main loop and do it after the loop is done or use a producer consumer loop to have the signal processing take up less processing power therefore perform the acquisition faster.
- Slow down your acquisition rate so that you application can pull off the data from the buffer either as fast or faster than the DAQ card is putting data on the buffer.
- Increase your buffer size (this will probably just make the error take longer to show up so it is not the suggested method)

Here is a knowledgebase article that can help explain why that error would show up:  (DAQmx) Error - 200279 During a Continuous, Buffered Acquisition

If you have any questions about how to implement these methods, please let me know.
Thank You,

Nick F.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,943 Views)