Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you need a supply to input current with the ni daq 9265

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello I just got the NI Daq 9265 for research in my lab. I am trying to input current and display it on an oscilloscope. I am getting nothing. I have done some research on the internet, so my question is do you need a power supply to input current with the ni daq 9265?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,267 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reggie2016

Read the data sheet.  Clearly in the first page is a sentence that reads "The NI 9265 requires a 9 V to 36 V external power supply."

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(5,264 Views)

Just needed someone else to tell me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,262 Views)

reggie, whenever you need to know more about a specific piece of hardware, you check the datasheet. I know sometimes it's a bit daunting when you haven't worked with intruments like this before, but the datasheets always have the information you need. A lot of the time you also read something about it that you didn't even think to check, so knowing the part inside and out will save you time down the line. If you're spending $384 on a piece of hardware, it's worth reading the datasheet front to back.

Even looking up the pinout shows you that a voltage supply is required:

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 4 of 6
(5,249 Views)
I looked over it and saw it say you needed a power supply but I guess that seemed wierd to me since I was using the DAQ 9263 previously and you didn't need one then. So I thought the power supply was optional.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,244 Views)

This power supply is for the specific module. It needs some voltage source in order to output a varying current. You would not want this to be outputting a varying current from the cDAQ's power supply, as you would end up with a very noisy output.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,237 Views)