From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert j thermocouple to k

Hi all,

I wrote a Labview program to take temperature measurements using a NI921 plugged into a cDAQ9171. It all worked ok and I did a load of testing. When I came to review the data, I realized I'd incorrectly set some of the channels to j type thermocouples, when I'm actually using k type. Is there a way to convert the temperature data I've captured to valid readings? I'm guessing this will require knowing how the system converted the mV input from the thermocouple to degC for j types, reversing this process mathematically to re-gain the raw mV readings, then knowing how the system converts mV to degC for k types, and applying this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Andy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,085 Views)

Hi Andy,

Are you referring to NI-9213 or 9211?

Whichever way it is, you can refer to this link:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-I-convert-j-type-thermocouple-data-to-k-type/td-p/1597286

Hope this helps.

-Ee Lim-

See that button on the left side of this post...

If you feel my post is helpful, all you need is just (at most) 2 seconds to click that button, to show your appreciation. Thank you~~

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,063 Views)

Thanks! I did try searching for the answer before posting, but my search-fu must have been weak.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,027 Views)