cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose a proper DAQ devices

Solved!
Go to solution

hello everyone,

i was wandering which NI device i should use to acquire a torque shaft measurement from a RS-423 connector.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,009 Views)

What is the model of the torque shaft?  If it is really putting out an RS-423 signal (which I have never ran into before), then you need a device that can recieve RS-423, not a DAQ.  So please give more information.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,969 Views)

well, this is my torque sensor and i have no idea how to aquire the signal with some NI device

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yiug89

I am not finding anything about an RS-423 connection.  So where did that requirement come from?

It looks like there is a 0 to 10V output for the torque and another one for speed.  So you can use almost any NI DAQ (the USB-6000 would likely work).  Just connect the signals and ground properly to the DAQ and then use DAQmx to take your measurements.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,922 Views)

The "423" (or maybe "432") is the manufacturer's part number for the connnector on the sensor.  Both numbers appear buried way down in the data sheet the OP linked.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,920 Views)

ok, thank you very much XD

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,912 Views)