Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cdaq chassis is shown in device manager but missing from MAX

I have a cDAQ-9178 chassis which was working like a champ up till last Friday.  Over the weekend I updgraded MAX to 4.7.1F8, which I did to resolve an issue with the version that was installed with LabVIEW2010 beta.  I come in yesterday, did some code updates and went to test them.  Now, while my chassis does show up in the device manager (winXPx86SP3), but will NOT show up in MAX.  I have tried the chassis on another computer, no problems.  I have already removed all the modules and am just trying to get the chassis to show up in MAX.  I have tried switching USB ports and each time, the chassis shows up in device manager but not in MAX.

My next step is going to be to uninstall MAX/NI-DAQ and reinstall, but I figured I would get this question up preemptively.

Ideas?

edited... check that MAX does not recognize any USB-DAQ device, but windoze does.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,847 Views)

it was simply a complete uninstall of ALL NI products, manually deleting left over directories and registry keys and then reinstalling the entire NI suite.  NOTE:  preforming a REPAIR on MAX and NI-DAQ did not work.

Thanks NI for wasting two of my days... Oh, and ran into a couple others whom have experienced this.  

My suggestion... at a minimum, make it possible to uninstall MAX and NI-DAQ WITHOUT having to uninstall the 3 versions of LabVIEW that I have installed to maintain my deployed apps.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,828 Views)

I've got the same problem here after installing the Labview 2010 Developer Suite. Which Version of Labview and MAX did you install after the complete uninstall?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,813 Views)