Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cdaq 9178 LEDs not, lighting possibly broken?

I left my 9178 chassis with a couple of 9211s on it to monitor some temperatures. When I came in this morning my VI had stopped running as it was programmed to do, and the data looked fine. When I went to begin another run I was receiving an error code suggesting there might something wrong with my 9211s. When I went to check the 9178's light were off. I took off all of the 9211s and unplugged and plugged the power back in. the only response I get from the 9178 is an audible buzzing, but nothing else, ( no lights, and no recognition in NIMAX, etc)

Do you guys have any suggestions for trouble shooting? At this point I'm pretty sure I have send it in for repair but I want to be sure it is actually broken.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,639 Views)

Howdy,

I'm assuming your chassis wasn't buzzing before you had this issue, so that probably isn't a good sign. What error code were you getting with the 9211s?

If you have a different power supply you can try using that. Otherwise, I'd check to see if you can see the device in Windows Device Manager (but I think this what you meant by no recognition in NIMAX, etc).

-Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,528 Views)

Hey Ryan,

Yea the chassis is most definitely broken, I tried another power supply as you suggested but the I am still running into the same problem, and that's right I cannot see the device in windows device manager. I will see if its worth sending it in to get repaired.

Thank you!

-Luis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,494 Views)