From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cdaq 9178 LEDs not, lighting possibly broken?

I left my 9178 chassis with a couple of 9211s on it to monitor some temperatures. When I came in this morning my VI had stopped running as it was programmed to do, and the data looked fine. When I went to begin another run I was receiving an error code suggesting there might something wrong with my 9211s. When I went to check the 9178's light were off. I took off all of the 9211s and unplugged and plugged the power back in. the only response I get from the 9178 is an audible buzzing, but nothing else, ( no lights, and no recognition in NIMAX, etc)

Do you guys have any suggestions for trouble shooting? At this point I'm pretty sure I have send it in for repair but I want to be sure it is actually broken.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,655 Views)

Howdy,

I'm assuming your chassis wasn't buzzing before you had this issue, so that probably isn't a good sign. What error code were you getting with the 9211s?

If you have a different power supply you can try using that. Otherwise, I'd check to see if you can see the device in Windows Device Manager (but I think this what you meant by no recognition in NIMAX, etc).

-Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,544 Views)

Hey Ryan,

Yea the chassis is most definitely broken, I tried another power supply as you suggested but the I am still running into the same problem, and that's right I cannot see the device in windows device manager. I will see if its worth sending it in to get repaired.

Thank you!

-Luis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,510 Views)