From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cdaq-9171 and DAQmx API

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have build my own program with .NET Daqmx API to use DAQ devices. It works, I can create and launch tasks for Analog/Digital input/output.

I just tried to plug a cDAQ 9171. It is detected, but device->GetPhysicalChannels() will always return an empty array, so I cannto do anything with it.

Hwoever, I I launch DAQ express, I can see that the device works correctly, and that voltage is detected on the pins.

How can I detect the Analog Input channels on that devices in my code ? Why does it behave differently than PCI or USB boards ?

[edit]
If I force the channels to be named cDaq1Mod1/ai0, it just works. So the question is : whay does dthe device does not report such channel names ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,036 Views)

I found the list of channels for the device :
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466AH-01/mxdevconsid/cdaqphychannels/

Should I hard-code it ? Why is it not reported correctly by the Daqmx API ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,000 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pierrechatelier

I have found it.
I did not understand that the CDAQ was a wrapper around "ChassisDevices". I can get all information by querying ChassisModuleDeviceNames and opening the sub devices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,996 Views)