cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a DAQ card Read/Write mode change speed reach 200K

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,man,

I  have a project needs to test two points,  I name them point A and point B, at the First time, I should give point A 5V DC input, and test point B's inductive output voltage, sencodly, give point B 5V DC input, and test point A's inductive output voltage, it means, two analog ports need to read and write mode exchange, and the test speed must be 100Kb, if I have a 200Kb DAQ card, can the read write mode change speed reach 100Kb for one analog port ? or, please give your suggest for my this kind of situation, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,799 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author API

Hi API,

I see you are trying to measure voltages using one channel at a time on a DAQ card.

Unfortunately you can't change inputs to outputs or vice versa on a DAQ card, they are static.

What I recommend is either using a switch such as this: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207130 in which you will need a PXIe chassis.

Or, having four channels, two inputs and two outputs and trying to measure it that way. You should have the speed necessary as well.

If you have any further questions I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks alot,

Message Edited by Owen.S on 09-24-2009 09:57 AM
Owen.S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,764 Views)

Oh Owen.S,

Yup, your suggestion 2 is my better way, thank you. and I have additional concern, depends on my measurement speed, does 250Kb card match? since I believe I should write AO 0V or 5V very quickly(100Kb), and, if I write AO is 0V, how many that channal AO resistance ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,721 Views)

Hi API,

What DAQ device are you using? Is it NI hardware? 

To find out the output resistance you can search on www.ni.com for your device and go to the specification. Hopefully it will tell you everything you need to know there.

Thanks,

Owen.S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,714 Views)
YES, that is NI device, I would like to use PCI-6221, How about this card ? thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,699 Views)

Hi API,

This card should work fine, the output impedance is 0.2Ω and if your card reads at 250KS/s then writing at 100KS/s on 2 channels will hopefully work too.    

Is this okay? If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks again,

Owen.S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,696 Views)