cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I connect a bently nevada prximity sensor 3300XL to 4 channel NI9234 DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We have bought a Bently Nevada 3300XL proximity sensor which comes with a Miniature coaxial ClickLoc connector with connector protector, standard cable . We have a 4 channel NI9234 DAQ.  

Please any suggestions on the type of adaptor to use?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,545 Views)

A quick search of the datasheet tells me that you need a -17 to -26V powersupply with at leat 12mA. (Not possible with the 9234)

The output voltage range of the sensor is higher than the input voltage range : -19V (sensor) to -5V (9234) so a voltage devider  is needed if you need the range (two resistors 3:1  say 3k and 1k )

I would build a power supply box with a -24V and 10V (12V) supply and add a OP(with 36V supply range)  and 4 resistors to build a level shifter  -1 to -20V  -> -5 to +5V 🙂 

(and since you asked that question, try to find a EE student or someone who knows where the hot end of a solder iron is, to build it for you)

EDIT: Some capacitors to buffer /filter the circuit are needed too  😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 5
(4,538 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, could you also suggest which NI DAQ would be suitable for direct connection with the sensor/

I feelit best to avoid the added circuitry as it might introduce noise?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,497 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fesmi

I'm not a NI app engineer , however as far as I know there is no NI-DAQ with a -24 V powersupply and a -20V input reange.

Maybe the other way: What do need to measure ?  Your sensor seems to have a quite high nonlinearity ... maybe look for another sensor?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,488 Views)

okay, Thanks a lot..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,442 Views)