Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can BNC-2090 use with PCI-6052E DAQ?

I'm a new comer in electronic measurement.
It is said that the BNC-2090 would be used with a 50, 68, or 100-pin MIO DAQ board or a 50-pin PC-LPM-16 DAQ board. In my experiment, I need high resolution, so I prefer to use the DAQ with high resolution. But, I can't find MIO in PCI-6052 DAQ, I wonder about whether I can use PCI-6052 to with BNC-2090? Or is there a better combination with BNC connector and DAQ card?
And, Is it necessary to use high quality BNC cable for the measurement of current in 1nA scale? Could anyone recommend the type of cable couple with the BNC-2090?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,740 Views)
Hello copperwing.  Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  The BNC-2090 is compatible with all E Series, M Series, S Series, and B Series multifuction DAQ or analog output devices.  Your PCI-6052E card is an E Series card so the BNC-2090 will work with it.  The BNC-2090 doesn't work better with a specific DAQ card since all the 2090 is concerned about is the 68 pin connection on its block.  The only thing other DAQ cards could get you is better resolution or speed, but shouldn't be any different in their performance in conjunction with the 2090.  If you desire to have nA resolution, I would recommend getting a high quality BNC cable for your application especially if you start seeing unacceptable levels of noise when using a basic BNC cable.  If you just need a BNC-BNC cable (BNC connection on each end), I would recommend searching around at www.CablesToGo.com .  I hope this answers all of your questions completely.  If it doesn't, please continue posting and I will be happy to help.  Have a great day!

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,724 Views)