From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDaq 9174 Device driver problems. Error: "windows could not load installer for this daqdevice"

After a recent crash, and hard drive replacement, I've been attempting to restore my set of NI tools back to functionality.

I currently have all of my devices working except for my cDAQ-9174.  I've installed multiple version of the NI-DAQmx software, beginning with 9.1, the version that came with the the device.  I've also tried 9.4, and most recently 9.5 (Each time uninstalling via the add/remove software control panel).

In all attempts the installer fails (for various reasons, it seems).  The only error I receive with 9.5 relates to not being able to install the associated SXCI software.  With 9.1 and 9.4 a similar error regarding the MIO appears.  If I choose to continue, upon finishing the installation process, I am told by the installer that it failed and that I should address the problem and try again. Though I'm never told what the problem actually is.

Some pertinent info:

Windows XP professional, x64. Version 2003, SP 2

Labview 2010

Measurement & Automation 5.1

When I try to view the device in Control Panels > System > Hardware > Device Manager, cDAQ 9174 has a an exclamation mark.  When I attempt to update the driver via the device manager an error message is displayed reading:

"Windows could not load the installer for DAQDevice. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance."

There are a few other posts on this topic, though they are rather old, one almost a decade.  However, following as closely as I can, in principle, has yielded no success. 

The device driver shows up in Measurement & Automation under software, listed as: "NI-DAQmx Device Driver 9.5"

it is version 9.50f2

Does anyone have any advice on how I can attempt to fix this?

I believe my next step is a complete uninstall and reinstall (will be the second).

Thank you very much for any help. And please let me know if I can provide any other info that may be helpful.

Regards,

Mike B.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,881 Views)

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, Windows XP 64 bit isn't an officially compatible system. This may not be ideal, but my best suggestion is switching to either XP 32 bit or Windows 7 64 bit.

Josh Y.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,832 Views)