Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ code can't read/write to MAX tasks when compiled

Hi,

I have this code which uses several imported MAX tasks on analog input/analog output and digital output cDAQ modules which are able to read/write as they should when uncompiled.  However, when I compiled the software to run on a computer without the full LabVIEW development suite, the MAX imported tasks are not working.  Even though I successfully imported the .nce file and the instruments indicate they are connected and functioning and I recieve no errors, the indicators for these instruments are all stuck at zero.  Any idea what could be going on?

Help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,845 Views)

Hi EMcMahon,

Welcome to the forums! I feel like a bit more information would be helpful for troubleshooting this issue. To start, which version of NI MAX, NI-DAQmx, and LabVIEW do you have on your two computers? Also, do you mind attaching a screenshot of the tasks you are trying to run? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,814 Views)

Hi Yiran,

Thank you for getting back to me!

My computer is running the following:

LabVIEW 2014 SP1

NI-MAX 15.0

NI-DAQmx 15.1

The installer included the run-time versions (same version numbers) for all three of those packages onto the other computer.

Here's a picture of one of the tasks:

MAX_Task.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,791 Views)

Hi EMcMahon,

Have you tried running the tasks by themselves in NI MAX on your separate computer without the Full Development System? Also, how are you selecting channels on this separate computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,769 Views)

I was actually able to figure out this issue - the problem was actually somewhere else in the code that was writing the values as zeros due to a missed reference.  Thank you for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,759 Views)

HI EMcMahon,

Thank you for the followup, and best of luck with the rest of your application! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,731 Views)