From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ chassis not recognized

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been running a cDAQ-9172 from a USB port with a 9263 AO module and a 9401 DIO module. Has been operating perfectly up till now. I did some development on a new VI, and checked out operation without the cDAQ connected. Now the cDAQ shows up in MAX with small red x's at all of the slots. The chassis reset indicates a reset and the indicator LEDs blink. Self Test indicates a successful self test. The device shows up in the Windows hardware manager. If I click on one of the modules in MAX, all of the menu bar selections are grayed out. It seems I may have corrupted a configuration somehow, somewhere. Any thoughts or insight as to what occurred with my chassis set up?

Thanks for any ideas!

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Quickbeam

So when you reconnect your cDAQ chassis it doesn't show up GREEN in MAX?

If so it could be a database corruption, then I would suggest to follow the steps described in this KB: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/86256F0E001DA9FF86256FFD005B827C?OpenDocument

Christian

Message 2 of 2
(3,077 Views)